As we move from Spring towards Summer, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite Summer salads. These are a perfect starter or a side dish for those hot summer nights. Click on the link below the photo to take you to the recipe.
Does anyone else literally drool over the peaches every single time they walk by the market? These days, I sure do! The peaches this year are absolutely beautiful and I must say, I have definitely made a couple ‘peach stops’ in the past few weeks and they taste as good as they look. Given that my eye has been on the peaches, I made this recipe last week for my book club and it was not only beautiful but also tasted yummy. Enjoy!
- 4 peaches on the firm side of ripe
- 6-8 cups arugula
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- Approximately 4 oz crumbled goat cheese – more or less to your liking
- Additional freshly ground black pepper, optional
- Apple cider or a simple lemon vinaigrette
- Slice the peach in half and remove pit. Cut each half into 3-4 slices.
- Place arugula in salad bowl. Toss with the vinaigrette to coat all the leaves. Divide onto plates.
- Divide peaches onto plates. Sprinkle each with basil and goat cheese.
- Grind a little extra pepper over each, if you like.
Photo Credit: Blue Kitchen