Does anyone else literally drool over the peaches every single time they walk by the market? These days, I sure do! The peaches this year are absolutely beautiful and I must say, I have definitely made a couple ‘peach stops’ in the past few weeks and they taste as good as they look. Given that my eye has been on the peaches, I made this recipe last week for my book club and it was not only beautiful but also tasted yummy. Enjoy!
- 4 peaches on the firm side of ripe
- 6-8 cups arugula
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- Approximately 4 oz crumbled goat cheese – more or less to your liking
- Additional freshly ground black pepper, optional
- Apple cider or a simple lemon vinaigrette
- Slice the peach in half and remove pit. Cut each half into 3-4 slices.
- Place arugula in salad bowl. Toss with the vinaigrette to coat all the leaves. Divide onto plates.
- Divide peaches onto plates. Sprinkle each with basil and goat cheese.
- Grind a little extra pepper over each, if you like.
Photo Credit: Blue Kitchen