The weather has been so nice out lately and a green healthy chilled soup was exactly what I needed to finish off the weekend! This recipe is incredibly easy and is the perfect amount of cool, fresh and crisp. It’s a nice way to end a warm day (or start the day!)…It even becomes a nice healthy portable lunch if you put it in a mason jar and top with some nuts & beans. So basically you can have breakfast, lunch or dinner in 5 minutes, really?!
- 2 avocados, pitted (have them chilled if you plan to eat right away)
- 2 cucumbers, roughly chopped (have them chilled if you plan to eat right away)
- ¼-1/2 cup fresh herbs – I had chives on hand but I am sure this would be wonderful with cilantro, mint, basil, etc.
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- place all ingredients into a Vitamix or high speed blender (can try a food processor if you don’t have either blender).
- Mix until blended. Taste and add seasoning as needed.
- If veggies were not chilled, put in fridge until chilled or ready to serve.
Enjoy this simple, fresh and easy soup!