Scott is absolutely obsessed with chimichurri sauce so I decided to try to make it at home… and now I might be obsessed! I made it for the first time last week and we put it over roasted veggies and lentils and added it to wraps, sandwiches, and salads. I really do think it is the sauce that can make anything taste delicious… and it is loaded with parsley which has amazing health benefits… and you can say goodbye to bad breath! So whip some up and see what you can find to put it on :).
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves, packed (about 1 bunch)
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 4 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in a food processor. Mix until chopped. You may need to scape ingredients down from sides of bowl.
- With food processor running, slowly add in olive oil.
- Serve over veggies, as a spread in wraps or sandwiches, or with salad. This will keep for approximately one week in the fridge.
Thanks to CHOW for the inspiration,