As promised last week, here is what I served my Basil Tofu Scramble with.
When I made it the first time, I didn’t write out the exact spice quantities so I remade it for lunch today and enjoyed it along side a delicious salad. If someone claims to not like brussels sprouts, I encourage them to try out this dish. They are sliced so thinly and the way the combine with the sweet potato is bound to make any one a convert!
Enjoy this simple and healthy side dish 🙂
- 2 sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup of grape seed oil (or other high heat oil)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb (16oz) brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup chives, thinly sliced
- Shred sweet potatoes using a cheese grater. You want to get as much moisture out of the potatoes as you can so you can use a potato ricer if you have one or place in a bowl lined with paper towels – over sweet potatoes with paper towels and press to absorb the water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add grape seed oil to a pan and put over medium heat. Add onions and cook until slightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to pan.
- Fry mixture in pan until brussels sprouts are cooked through. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Once cooked through, remove from heat, add chives and more salt and pepper as needed. Mix well and serve hot.