Hi everyone. What do you think of FLB’s new ‘do? It’s a work in progress but I am hoping this new layout will be more visual and more user friendly for you all.
Yesterday was a holiday and I love nothing more than spending the day in the kitchen when there is no agenda :). So I whipped Scott and I up some brunch that was inspired by one of our favorite organic cafe’s, The Plant. We are just a little bit obsessed with the basil tofu scramble at this cafe so I decided to try it out for myself. It was super easy and super tasty – we had it for brunch, but it would be great for dinner as well! I served it with a side salad and a recipe to come – sweet potato and brussels sprouts hash. Let’s just say, we were both wishing I made made a bit more! Oh and you can find the homemade pesto recipe here.
- 1 cup homemade pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 blocks of soft tofu, drained
- 8 oz grape tomates, sliced in half
- Make pesto if not done ahead of time. You can use pre-made but it is oh-so easy to make and much more flavorful!
- Place sauté pan on medium heat. Add oil and cover pan completely.
- Add tofu blocks and slice with spatula until it becomes a crumble like texture. Mix frequently until heated through, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in pesto and tomatoes. Mix well and serve while still warm.
Lots of love to you!