There are a few very small changes you can make that will have a huge impact on your mood and enjoyment of your day. I try to do these things most days and I know that each one of these simple tasks certainly makes my day a little bit brighter.
1. Put flowers next to your bed. I love to go to the farmers market and have fresh flowers in the house and I always put a small arrangement next to my bed. It’s pretty hard to ‘wake up on the wrong side of the bed’ when the first thing you see are beautiful flowers.
2. Drink tea/coffee out of your favorite cup. We have several different kinds of coffee mugs but I certainly have my favorites. Also, I like to drink yogi tea because on top of drinking out of my favorite cup, I also get a little inspiration.
3. Take a walk or a bath or do anything that gives you a few moments to let your mind be clear. I love to walk because I enjoy being outdoors and love to see what’s going on outside. There is so much going on during the day and you are bound to feel a little more grounded or see things in a new light when you give yourself a few moments of reflection rather than just reacting. You never know what you might find…
4. Call a friend. Or better yet get together with one! And if you don’t have time for either of those, then text or email them. We always feel better when we communicate with our loved ones and this is such a win-win thing to do. I know that I feel better when I simply send someone a message that says “I’m thinking of you” … and I’m pretty sure it probably makes them feel better too!
5. Listen to your favorite songs. Do this when you’re getting ready or driving… I personally love to play music when I am cooking and eating a meal. It doesn’t really matter where you are but when you hear those special songs that light you up, it’s pretty tough not to feel good. It never hurts to dance a little either :). If you need some inspiration below is one of my favorite videos.
Can’t see video? Click here.
I hope your day is just a little bit brighter today than yesterday!