Thanksgiving is just around the corner and this is certainly a holiday where there are a lot of temptations! Below I have listed a few ideas for how to lighten up your menu. Note all of these are dairy free (and most are gluten free!) which leaves options for every one of your guests… and a little extra room for another helping or two :).
1. Fruit plate: I love this cute themed fruit platter. This can be done as a nice light breakfast (or dessert) or even as a platter to munch on while everything else is cooking.
2. Cornbread Stuffing with Brussels Sprouts and Squash: There is no butter needed when you put all these delicious flavors together into one dish. Yum!
3. Cauliflower Mash: These guys taste like the real thing! Sub out curry power/cinnamon and flavor with something more savory like roasted garlic, thyme or rosemary.
4. Dilled Green Beans: No need for a creamy casserole with this healthy and tasty side.
5. Apple Crisp: There is no need for pie when you have this delicious apple crisp.
Happy Thanksgiving from my kitchen to yours!