Along with other Dailey Method studios around the nation, I will be participating in a cleanse this November called The Conscious Cleanse. It is a 14-day program that eliminates all common allergens. I eat a pretty healthy diet but I always make exceptions and for this program I will particularly miss tomatoes (which are a nightshade)… and having a glass of vino, of course! Even though I believe I am very healthy, I think this is a great thing to do periodically. You are all welcome to join me in this cleanse if you want something to gear up for the holidays! You can find more info here.
Anyway, they offer a ton of recipes and this one looked good so I gave it a try last week. Say hello to my new best friend: Collard Greens!
I never realized how amazing they are and cannot wait to wrap everything I can find in them. Tonight I’ll be filling collard greens with my Tofu Panzanella Salad! But I really think you can fill with anything you want… Mexican, Indian, Thai, etc. What’s not to love about that?!
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2-3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 medium sized collared greens
- ¼ cup hummus or spread of your choice
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 avocado sliced
- handful of sprouts
- In a food processor, combine cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic and mix until smooth. Add cauliflower florets and sea salt and pulse until it makes a rice-like consistency. Let cauliflower “rice” marinate in the fridge while you prep other veggies.
- To prepare the collard leaf, lay each leaf flat, face down so that the spine of the collard stem is most prominent. Shave off the thick part of the stem carefully so as to not cut all the way through the leaf.
- To prepare the wrap, flip the collard leaf over so that the side you cut is face down. To assemble the filling, start with about a 1 Tbsp hummus and spread evenly. Then layer on cauliflower rice carrots, avocado slices and sprouts vertically on top of rice.
- Fold the top and bottom flaps of the collard leaf toward the center and the roll the collard leaf starting with the side that the filling is on. Slice on the diagonal and voila, you have your wrap.