This salad brings me right back to a warm sandy Hawaiian beach – and who doesn’t love a trip (whether a real one or a mental one) to those lovely islands?! That kind of trip is especially needed right now as SF ‘summer’ has been in full effect the past few weeks… I’ll continue dreaming of warm summer nights but if you need some tips on cutting a mango, take a moment to learn about it here. Enjoy this refreshing summer treat! Note: It is great to sub in Fuyu persimmons when mangos are not in season!
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- dash garlic powder
- 1 head of butter lettuce, chopped
- 4-5 cups fresh arugula
- 2 large mangos, cubed
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1½ cups macadamia nuts, roasted/salted
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk together salad dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Place arugula, butter lettuce and avocados in a bowl. Toss with as much salad dressing as desired until well mixed.
- Top with mangos and nuts and gently toss again. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: Add in some fresh herbs such as basil or mint.