This post is particularly special to me because it was a year ago on Fourth of July that I was flying home from an incredible trip to Turkey where I learned about how amazing feta and watermelon can be together. Not only is this recipe cute, but it is healthy compared to many of the patriotic treats that are bound to be around AND super easy if you are strapped for time. Feel free to sprinkle with some mint or basil for an added touch. I’ll be wishing a happy Fourth to you and yours from Portland!
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed
- ½ seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 8oz block of feta, cubed (can use cubed jicama for a vegan version)
- Pour blueberries into a bowl, preferably square and place in the top left corner of a rectangle platter.
- Assemble watermelon and feta into rows, starting with the watermelon.
- Serve with a side of toothpicks.
Photo Credit: Wenderly