A big thank you to my friend Amy for passing this one along to me. She loves my Straw-boo-ries as much as I do so she knew I would go crazy over Strawberry Santas. I made these for my holiday party last weekend and they were such a hit they were gone before all of my guests even arrived. Given the fact that strawberries are not in season, do your best to find some good quality strawberries and just work with what you can find. These little crowd pleasers are also quite yummy.
- 1 lb large strawberries
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese
- 3-4 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Black Sesame seeds, to decorate
- Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top, (enough for a hat). Prep all of the strawberries and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or Ziploc with the corner snipped off. Top the strawberries with cheese mixture.
- Once strawberries have cheese mixture on top, add the hats and decorate according to photo.
- If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.
Photo Credit: Savvy Housekeeping