It seems that every fall, I find a new Brussels Sprout Salad to share with you (which is amazing because at one point, I could not even fathom the thought of eating raw brussels sprouts). First came the Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with Walnuts and Manchego, next came the Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad and now here is a new way to do Brussels in a salad. This recipe is completely dairy free but you could feel free to sprinkle with any cheese of your choice. This is a great side to your Thanksgiving meal so go forth and conquer!
- 1½ Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed, leaves separated
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Whisk lemon zest and juice and mustard in a small bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking to emulsify, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss dressing with brussels sprout leaves and pumpkin seeds. Gently stir in avocado and adjust seasoning.
Photo Credit: WholeLiving.com