I hosted my Supper Club last week and decided to do an Autumn Apple theme. With the shorter days, changing leaves and cool weather, it definitely feels like a transition away from summer. This salad was super simple, tasty and the presentation makes it look very impressive. Here’s looking forward to what this upcoming season has to offer!
- ⅓ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 red apples, quartered, cored, and each quarter cut into 8 wedges
- 6 cups baby arugula, washed and dried
- 2 Belgian endives, leaves separated, washed and dried
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast walnuts, stirring frequently until crisp and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, shallot, and vinegar until well combined. Whisk in the oil until thick; season with salt and pepper.
- Add apple and arugula; toss to coat. Arrange endive leaves on four serving plates, top with apple mixture and scatter mint, cheese, and walnuts over the top.
Photo Credit: Whole Living