Sweet potatoes are not a super food for no reason. They have countless health benefits including being a great source of the vitamins and minerals that help regulate heartbeat, ward off cancer and protect against the effects of aging. They are also a great source of magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral. And they taste delicious! Sounds like a win-win to me… and when you make them at home without the deep fryer, they taste just as good.
- Olive Oil (feel free to use a flavored oil, such as hickory smoked)
- 5-6 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch long slices, then ¼-wide inch strips
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray a sheet tray with olive oil or line with parchment paper. In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with just enough oil to coat. Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd. Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Feel free to roast in combination with onions and or garlic. Eat alone as a side or serve with sauteed veggies and beans on top for more of a main course.
Photo Credit: Simply Recipes