I know I posted a recipe for deviled eggs not too long ago, but when it comes to a decorative item, they are just so versatile!!! So while the recipe remains the same, here are some cute Easter decorating ideas!
- 1 dozen hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt mixed well with 4 tsp dijon mustard (can also use ½ cup mayonnaise)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- Garnish (see below)
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise; carefully remove yolks.
- Mash yolks; stir in yogurt mixture and red pepper until blended.
- Spoon yolk mixture evenly into egg whites.
- Sprinkle evenly with desired amount of salt. Garnish, if desired.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Add carrot beaks and chopped olives or peppercorns for eyes
Add a celery stalk handle and some dried herbs to garnish
Add radish ears and chopped olives or peppercorns for eyes
Have fun and a very happy Easter to you all!