Every year my Supper Club and I get together and have a tradition that includes a Caesar salad, paired with a buttery Chardonnay :). That being said, we have tried a few different recipes and this one is absolutely delicious and is much healthier than many of the recipes you’ll find out there. Whip it up, serve with some romaine and homemade croutons (don’t forget the Chard) and and you are good to go!
Be sure to check out my Kale Caesar Salad (using this dressing) that was featured on Mind Body Green!
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Worchester sauce (vegetarian versions are available at health food stores)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups good mild olive oil – add more if consistency is not as desired
- ½ – 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the mustard, garlic, Worchester sauce, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube until thick.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese, starting with a half of a cup and mix well. Add more cheese until you have your desired consistency.
Serving Suggestion: This can be made in advance but be sure it’s at room temperature when you assemble the salad.
Photo Credit: Whole Foods