As you guys know, themed food is VERY fun for me! We host a Holiday party every year that serves as a Toys for Tots Drive. I’ve made these little guys the past three years in a row and they are always a hit. I personally don’t like olives so use them more for decor than anything but they do always get gobbled up! Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!
For updated recipes and photos, check out The Simple Kitchen!
- 1 can (15oz) black olives (medium)
- 1 package (4oz) cream cheese (can use vegan version if you choose!)
- 1 carrot, sliced in ¼ in thick rounds
- 10-15 toothpicks
- Cut a slit from top to bottom, lengthwise, into the side of each half of the olives olive. Carefully insert cream cheese into each olive until it is filled and you see the white “belly” of the penguin through the slit.
- Cut a small triangle out of each carrot slice to form feet. Save the cut out piece and press into center of the olive to form the beak
- Set a cream cheese filled olive, large hole side down, onto a carrot slice. Then, set an olive with a beak on top, adjusting so that the beak, cream cheese belly and notch in the carrot slice line up. Secure with a toothpick.
Photo Credit: Once Upon a Plate