My dear friend made this for our Supper Club and I couldn’t believe how good and how simple it it was. Combining the lemon juice with the raw brussels takes all of the bitterness away. I have made it several times since and it is a hit. The manchego is a compliment to this yummy salad but you can always omit if you are looking for a vegan version!
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 10 -12 oz (approx 3 cups) Brussels Sprouts, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Kosher Salt
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup (3 oz) coarsely grated Manchego cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 10 min. or until golden and fragrant. Transfer to a place to cool, then coarsely chop the nuts.
- In a food processor, shred the brussels sprouts (I pulsed them). Transfer to a medium serving bowl. Toss the brussels sprouts with the lemon juice and 1 tsp kosher salt and let stand for 5 min.
- Add the toasted walnuts, olive oil and Manchego and toss. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Photo Credit: Juxtapost