In honor of Halloween, here is another recipe this week. You really just cannot go wrong with bean dip. Pair it with some homemade tortillas chips and you have the ultimate crowd pleaser that is oh so easy to make festive.
- 1 packet of corn tortillas, sliced into quarters or cut into shapes using cookie cutters
- Olive oil spray
- Salt to taste
- 1 can refried black or pinto beans
- 1 can corn (or 1½ cups cooked fresh or frozen corn)
- 1 can green chilies
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ packet of taco seasoning
- 2 cups fresh or premade guacamole
- ¼ cup vegan sour cream or greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray and salt cut tortillas and arrange evenly on a baking sheet. Bake chips for approximately 10 minutes until they are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, mix refried beans, corn, chilies, salsa and taco seasoning together in a bowl. Spread evenly in serving dish.
- Top with guacamole by carefully spreading guacamole on top of the bean mixture.
- Fill a pastry bag or a ziplock with a tiny cut in the corner with sour cream or yogurt and make concentric circles.
- Starting in the center, using a toothpick or a knife, make lines from the center towards the edges of the dish to create the spider web. Top with decorative spider!