I was a little skeptical of this dish. I saw a picture of it and it looked amazing but as I started making it, I wasn’t quite sure 1. how it would taste and 2. if it would actually fill me up… I do not like being hungry :). Let’s just say, I was incredibly surprised how simple, delicious and filling this dish was.
- 2 packages of cherry tomatoes (16 oz total) – set aside a few raw for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 zucchini (or any summer squash), thinly sliced lengthwise (I use my vegetable peeler) and cut into ¼ in strips
- ⅓ cup torn fresh basil, plus leaves for garnish
- Chili flakes (optional)
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, oil and salt and pepper. In a pan, sautee until tomatoes cook down and garlic is fragrant – 10 or so minutes.
- Toss with raw zucchini and garnish with basil, chili flakes and left over cherry tomatoes.
Tip: If sauce is not thickening, you can always add a little tomato paste – or just give it more time 🙂